Friday, April 8, 2011

What is your favorite Scripture verse and why? Jim, PA


Thank you for asking.  I spend so much time studying and teaching Scripture that I often forget to allow it to minister to me.

My favorite passage is John 4:1-27.  I love the way Jesus interacts with women.  He gets us!  He understood this woman’s truth more than she did.  I dare say he does the same for us.  He lovingly calls her on the carpet for her behavior.  I like to think that He lovingly does the same for me.

But the reason I love this passage so much is hidden within the story.  The words jump off the page and into my soul each time that I read it.

“Jesus answered her. ‘If you knew the gift of God, and who it is saying to you, “Give me a drink,” you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.’” (verse 10)

Oh I don’t ever want Jesus to say these words to me!  It actually grieves my soul to think He could.  I don’t want to miss the gifts of God.  I don’t want to miss Christ standing right in front of me.  I don’t want to ask Him for too little when He offers so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment